Hiding From the Internet- Hiking Estivant Pines

 Hello readers, it's been awhile.

I'd like to claim I've been hiding from the internet, but my friends and family know I've been on my personal accounts nearly daily. I have been hiding out from all of you- public audience- mostly because the internet has been a very mean place lately.

Election years are the worst for social media, and since blogging seems to really lean heavy on the social media to get the posts out there- it's a necessary evil. My point is, I've been avoiding engaging in all that jazz- I don't care who you voted for and I don't plan to talk about who I voted for. But I'm sure you're as fatigued from the topic of politics as I am.


In search of a solution for this problem, Hubby and I took full advantage of (probably) the last warm weekend of the year. It was absolutely beautiful weather and we took a drive to the tip of the Keweenaw- Copper Harbor, and took Baby to one of my favorite places- Estivant Pines Nature Sanctuary.


It was perfect hiking temperature (low 60s) and sunny! There's no cell service in this particular part of the world which made it even better. Since it's also November, there's almost zero tourists and we had the entire place to ourselves for over 2 hours. Perfect! 


We even stopped at the overlook to check out the lighthouse after our hike and take a look at Lake Fanny Hooe.



Normally it's low 40s and snowing this time of year, and as I write this the temp is back down to a cool 32 degrees. But for the entirety of Sunday afternoon we escaped from the division, contempt, anger, and other emotional aftermath in the wake that 2020 is leaving behind.

If you feel you're in a bad place right now, I highly encourage turning off your device. Yes, I'm encouraging you to read less of my blog! How odd! But really truly, escape. Get out in nature as best you can and breathe fresh air. Listen to the silence in the woods (or lack of silence if you have critters out and about). Listen to only your breathing and thoughts- not anyone else's opinion.

Hide from the internet.

I'm hoping to get back into writing more, but I don't want you to feel pressured to follow too closely. Anything I post will still be here whenever you're ready to come back. I'm probably going to keep hiding out from the internet myself until after the new year. You've not been forgotten, readers, and we will reconnect soon.


Until next time,

Emma Leigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Write Letters to my Stepchildren

Loving Through the Mess- Painting

River Fishing With Hubby

Not Just Living for the Sun | Facing Depression with Human Connections