New Year, Some Goals

Happy 2020!


Happy New Year 2020
New Year's Day Sunrise 2020

Today doesn't feel much different from yesterday. But it's regardless a fresh beginning, even if only a date on the calendar.

We started out this morning with bright sunshine but still plenty cold- perfect January weather.

This is the time when people usually talk about resolutions and changes they are going to make. I don't have any changes I plan to make this week, but I do have aspirations and goals for the coming year ahead. I don't usually make resolutions any more. In the past decade, very few of them made it to February and so I've found making a few main goals for the year works better than "resolutions" to change things.

Of course, baby will be arriving in a short while and so most of my upcoming plans revolve around him. There's lots left to do and I've been putting off a lot of it until the holidays were over. So I guess my first goal for 2020 is to be prepared when baby arrives.

Additionally I'd like to expand my blog here more. Though I've been indecisive about how I want to go about doing that, I've been enjoying blogging in the past few months now and would like to do more of it. I guess increasing readership would be the only main goal of the blog. I'm not sure how many of you are out there reading regularly, but if you're enjoying the posts- or have questions- let me know in the comments.

My third big goal of 2020 is to live in the moment. I'm one of those people who tend to get carried away day dreaming and forget to pay attention to what is happening right in front of me. This next year is going to be a good one I think. There's lots for me to learn as I go with our little guy when he arrives and finding a new balance in our blended family will surely have a learning curve. I want to be able to soak in each moment- and share some of the highlights with all of you.

What sort of goals do you have for the new year? Any tips on making mine a reality? Share your thoughts with me.

Happy New Year!


Until next time,
Emma Leigh

Comments

  1. I'm enjoying your blog. I grew up in the Copper Country. I left many years ago, but come back often. Even though I still live in the Upper Peninsula, there's no place like home. I especially love the sunsets on the north shore. Watching the sun dip into the Big Lake is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving Through the Mess- Painting

Why I Write Letters to my Stepchildren

Sunset Swimming | Yooper Summer Life

Christmas Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies