So this is Mom Life

The picture of the hand-print on the porch door is pretty much my life in a nutshell these days. A giant smudgy mess in the middle of everything. Not sure which kid made this "art", but it's a near perfect print.

hand print smudge on door window

I'm playing super mom today. Hubby's been delayed at work an additional 8 hours, so I'm not getting any relief any time soon. And I have to say, I feel pretty on point.

I'm on the third load of laundry.
I need to complete 9 loads, so it's barely a dent, but everyone will have something clean to wear in the morning.

I made gourmet lunch.
It was leftovers from last night's supper and mac n cheese. And the only healthy item was the fresh green beans from our garden, but it looked and smelled good. Both gobbled it up.

I'm still working from home too.
Admittedly not very productive at this today, but it's still there. 8 hours devoted to the the people who write the paychecks.

I rescheduled my "mom's alone time" so I didn't have to cancel.
I've been waiting all week to run away from home for an hour and not have to cart a child along with me. Or be wearing spit-up.

I cleaned the kitchen.
Hubby is in the middle of repainting the kitchen cabinets and refinishing the counter top. So, cleaning mostly means I did the dishes. I never do the dishes so this was an effort.

And vacuumed.
Only one room, but it totally counts.

Baby's naps are on schedule.
He's a teething monster, so he's only quiet when he's sleeping. If he's awake, he insists on being held.

Dinner is planned and ready to make.
It will be minimal dishes and take minimal time.

The plumber showed up and changed the toilets.
Our house has the original toilets from 1979 when it was built. One has been flushing slow since we moved in. Hubby got pissed when it flushed even slower last night and called a plumber to install new ones, which we were planning to do eventually anyway.

I cleaned the next batch of cabinets for paint.
The cabinets are original too. Dark chocolate brown with handles in the middle of the door. Everything is covered in grease and grime. Yay sandpaper. I am actually very excited about this... our kitchen cabinets are awful.

I've been bitten only twice.
Nursing is fun with a teething baby. HAHA, jk. Totally isn't. My nipples hurt. More of my thoughts on breastfeeding here.

Broke up two fights.
The older two fight about what to play outside, what to play inside, how to eat meals, bathroom breaks, and especially what to watch on T.V. I'm extremely underpaid at this aspect of my "job". There should be government stimulus for being a stepmom and dealing with crap from at least one person all the time. I joke. The government can't afford to pay anyone, let alone step moms.

I've only had 6 hours of sleep in 45 min increments. 
I feel like I'm dying. Sleeping can be optional right??


Crazy thing, though. I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Hubby will have a clean home with working toilets to come home to. And mommy... well she's got a girl's night out with her friends from the single days waiting for her. 

In the meantime, I have some clothes to fold. I should probably wash the hand print off the window too.

Until next time,
Emma Leigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Write Letters to my Stepchildren

Loving Through the Mess- Painting

Not Just Living for the Sun | Facing Depression with Human Connections

River Fishing With Hubby