I've Been Missing

I realized today that my last post was in February. February! Six months ago.

I've been missing from the blog for a handful of reasons, some personal and some technical.

In the early spring, shortly after my last post, I had some personal things that kept me distracted and uninterested in blogging. Since I do this as a hobby and not a living, it fell too low on the priority list to get much attention at the time. Just as the distractions were cleared away, the technical problems cropped up.

In May my computer died. Really died. Hard drive corrupted, lost all my photos and files. My amazing computer guy tried to fix it, but after a month and a half of no progress he admitted defeat. He spent some more time building me a custom machine for my needs and budget and I'm very happy with the result. I've even accepted the loss of all my pictures in stride. It was pictures of the kids' first christmases and birthdays and stuff like that- all gone as if my house had burned down (which almost happened that one time).

I thought for sure I'd have reacted differently, mourning the loss of the pictures and trying to get them back. But it felt like it didn't matter. Photos are nice to have, but I have the memories too. Millions of children never have a picture of their first birthday. All those life milestones happened for others before the invention of the camera and long before the camera phone. Life doesn't need saved copies for proof it happened. The point is that those events happened and I was there for it in real life. I don't need a digital copy to look back at because I saw it live and it lives in my memories.

The tangible is nice, but the good part of life is stored in the soul.

*friendly reminder to back up your photos somewhere*

So here we are, six months later with the new computer- finally able to make a post. I didn't have much to write about this week, so enjoy a few pictures that were hiding on my camera's memory card while the computer was MIA. We can get back into it next week with some of the regularly- scheduled programming.

Until next time,

EmmaLeigh

July Lupines


June Sunrise over Lake Superior


Foggy Morning Dew on Flowers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Write Letters to my Stepchildren

Loving Through the Mess- Painting

Christmas Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

River Fishing With Hubby